Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Hos Gonna Ho (Part 582,671)

Well. 

So.

A lot of you are being all "frugal" and "admirable" and "responsible" and saying shit like "oh yeah totes not shopping because of [insert adulty reason here]".

I would never presume to denigrate that sentiment because we are all on different journeys and your path might not be isn't mine.

I do respect your choices though, and I want to demonstrate that to you by sending all the things I thought about lately and REALLY WANTED but DID NOT ACTUALLY BUY. (Well ok I mean not "all the things" because that list would be daunting, but here's a good sampling of things I wanted to pull the trigger on BUT IN FACT DID NOT).
This TOTES GORG blue stripe set from PS of Sweden
This BLOODY BRILLIANT set by Le Mieux
This trophy I clearly deserved
This horse statue

this to-die-for OS purple double ombre patent leather Otto Schumacher browband

Or the thoughtfully-detailed matching custom purple Otto Schumacher bridle

Even though there was a DROOL WORTHY Mattes pad to match

and none of these hats
not this jackalope
nor these highly-appropriate socks
I know you're sitting there like "omfg SB! You are a model of frugality and moderation!", to which I'd say in the face of such temptations, I did pretty damn well. Particularly given how bad I wanted everything Otto.

One or two of you might be like "but think of poor ZB! She has almost no things at all and she probably doesn't even think you love her and and DIDNT I SEE A SWAG BRAG PIC ON SOCIAL MEDIA?"

Well yes. I just wanted to be sure you understood that however much money I may or may not have spent at a tack store, it was still far, far less than it might have been. (Particularly if Otto had just jumped off the rack into my pile.)

yeah this pic

I traveled to a city with a big local tack store. I knew I kind of wanted a particular set of boots for ZB and I kind of had an inkling that I wanted to touch halters. I took my (total shopper) sister with me. Girl doesn't know horses but she knows shopping and quality.

That escalated quickly.

I mean, it started pretty innocuously. I found a pair of Kerrits gloves on clearance for like $10.

Put it in the pile.
also pictured: excellent taste in socks

Plus then there was a $90 pair of Majyk Equipe hind dressage boots in white on sale for $25, and I'd be stupid not to get them. (Pro tip: admitting the truth to yourself that your drafty baby needs large front boots and XL hinds might sting initially, but you can find killer deals on dinosaur sizes.)

So they went in the pile. 
...don't overanalyze this
Then it was grooming basics--hard to say no to a purple tail brush and matching curry mitt. Just a couple of bucks, right? 

PILE. 

I touched saddles (they comically topped out at a wide, which like, giggle snort, ZB could maybe wear as a hat except her brain is real big too) and taught non-horsey sister about French vs German vs English leather. She is now a French snob. 

Then we played with bridles and I DID NOT buy the loooooovely edgewood that was screaming my name. I waltzed right past it into the leather halter section. 

(See how many things have not gone in a pile?) 
this was tasty

I'll be honest and admit I've never had a Walsh halter and that I've been drooling on them for years and that I have a massive tack boner for flat raised fancy stitch nosebands and that havana leather is my favorite color of leather and that I hate adjustable chins and love nice halters. 

And I don't know, a fancy stitch Walsh halter just sort of fell into my hands. 

You guys. 

It was real beautiful. 

I was just trying to keep the drool off it and sort of stumbling back towards the rack to hang it up and newly-converted-leather-snob sister snatched it out of my hands and was like PUT IT IN THE PILE. 

And I was like "but $!" and sister was like "EVALUATE PILE LATER", so we moved on to the boot section. 
spoiler alert
I touched some things, and then I saw what I really needed. 

I've been in love with those Equillibrium bumpy polo boot thingys since... hahaha. Well. I had mixed feelings on them until I got to play with Karen's and then T and Leah can tell you that I won't shut up about them the lately. 

And remember how I'm learning to accept that my baby horse is kinda giant and needs dinosaur clothes? 

It puts the boots in the pile or it gets the hose again. 
spoiler alert #2
I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW that I then looked at polos and bell boots and helmets and breeches and human clothes etc and added NOTHING ELSE to the pile (that I currently remember). I mean, this was when I spotted purple Otto and browband, but I didn't even let myself touch that for fairly obvious reasons. (Plus leather-snob-sister probably would have had to point out that Otto bridles are way too much $$$ for the quality. Killjoy.) 

Fortunately, my pile-analyzing skills are super fly, so I carefully went through item-by-item and then was like #YOLO and bought the whole thing. I mean. I thought about passing on the lonely pair of ME boots, but it seemed irresponsible not to buy them. 
plus they fit so nicely in the cat bag
And that is the story about how while it might LOOK like I spent a shit ton of money at a tack store, it was really WAY LESS than it could have been. 

Plus omg. The pretties. 

51 comments:

  1. Giggling here that you're still using the cat bag 😂 and that you called dibs on my equilibrium wraps like 9 months ago but they would never fit ZB. So probably for the best you got your own 😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you think. And I love all the pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🤣🤣🤣 ❤️❤️

    I wanted and did not need, really shouldn't, but got anyway... A soloshot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait you didnt buy that purple set


    why not

    it was beautiful

    and understated

    AND OMBRE

    WHY

    (also did you really get stretch and flex wraps? do you like them? i want them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i am 100 percent behind Megan here. WTF WOMAN have we not shared our purple passion together!!?? OMG that bridle was to die for. SIGH.....:) I will give you that you were kind of frugal. :) KIND OF. LOL but jeez.....what a tease! HA HA HA ZB looks lovely in her new boots and halter etc. :)

      Delete
    2. 1) ugh I know but otto is $$$$$$

      2) yes. Review when I’ve gotten to play with them.

      3) purple fiends unite!!

      Delete
    3. im thinking we should get matching (purple) saddle pads made and compete in them. #purplearmy #purpleftw

      Delete
    4. Well just because I didn’t buy this purple mattes doesn’t mean I didn’t buy any purple mattes. Unequivocally.

      Delete
    5. I think I need that purple set. I will fight you all for it.

      Delete
  5. Um so, WHY did you not get that blue set from PS of Sweden?! Zoe would've been even more ZOEFABULOUS in that. And the purple matchies. That would have been perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean. There are no wrong answers with her.

      Delete
    2. I agree, pretty much any color will look beautiful on her. That being said, and I don't want to be an instigator or anything, she's really going to NEED the PS of Sweden and LeMieux outfits eventually.

      Delete
    3. Always instigate. Never apologize. #yolo

      Delete
  6. I'm wishing you had bought so much more now 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every new addition to my equine family gets his/her own walsh halter. Because imo they are the be all end all of leather halters. Of course, I only use them to trailer and at horse shows, so they pretty much last forever and ever too.
    I think you were super responsible and I applaud you for managing to leave that purple bridle in the store.
    That trophy though... I'm not huge on participation trophies... but I think we all deserve one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to change it up and get different brands.

      THATS HOW I EARN MY TROPHY.

      Delete
  8. there are a LOT more linens in these pictures than i've come to expect from you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When your horse is custom everything, you kinda have to settle for linens lol.

      Delete
  9. Who needs to buy things when you do such an excellent job for the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but then I have all the things. Which is great for me. Sucks for you.

      Delete
  10. This mostly just left me feeling... disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That purple set though! I would have a hard time walking away from that browband and Mattes pad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I saw on Facebook someone that bought the PS of Sweden set and it was definitely not as bright blue in real life and kinda disappointing. So yay for not getting it?

      Delete
    2. Haha they’re in your neck of the woods. JUST SAYING.

      Delete
  12. I mean I wouldn't turn down $25 boots either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want all those things you didn't buy. I also want all those things you did buy. We will ignore the fact that I have way too much stuff for my car tack room lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty sure my self control isn’t gonna last too much longer either... although the whole “need a new Saddle” thing is probably NOT going to help with my return to tack-ho-dom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m still in denial about the saddle thing/borrow-stealing Roxie’s saddle.

      Delete
  15. I literally want a riding horse so I can play dress up...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I mean that OS purple ombre patent leather browband really should have been bought!! It's SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't, on purpose, well, I mean, definitely without premeditation, buy 4, FOUR, stock tie pins online this weekend. Because, you know, I have 1 neck.

    Good job only buying what was in the pile :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One gets lost, one gets broken, one to wear, and one to loan to your friend who forgot theirs. ;-) I'd say you have barely enough.

      Delete
  18. I feel like such a shopping scrooge after reading this. I also feel like Zoe neeeeeds the pink setup. It would be very striking on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No scrooge would say yes to the pink. Give yourself a chance. ;-)

      Delete
  19. Your blog makes me WANT to shop. I want those hats. And the edgewood bridle. And all the French saddles (still on the look out). You done good

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...