Thursday, May 17, 2018

Happy To Be Wrong

I've always watched people having fun with their horses and thought that couldn't be me because somehow I was stuck on this idea that the horse I needed to be competitive in the show arena wasn't the same horse that made me laugh back in the barn. 
dramatic spring skies

And for some reason, I was more focused on the competitiveness than the fun thing.

The whole point of Zoe is that I was really sick of that mindset.

I didn't get two shits if I ever showed again.

I just wanted to have fun.
ZB R SMOOSH DOGGO
Now I have this incredible baby mare who whinnies at me every day when I show up. 

She's game to try every day no matter what we're doing.
best evening plans
She has this beautiful attitude where she's calm and brave and sees new things as fun adventures instead of scary predators. 

Her response to changes in her home environment is to march over and stick her nose on whatever it is and smoosh it. 
her days of fitting through a people door are limited
It's funny how much she's changed my entire attitude. 

She's the most talented horse I've ever had the privilege of owning. I'm closer to my 10 year goals that I have ever been in my life. 

And they matter less to me than they ever have. 
hullo hing leg
Don't get me wrong--I still want to show. I want to get my bronze medal on a horse I trained myself. I want to run one recognized event above BN. I want to have a great outfit. Get a 70%. Know I belong. 

etc
SASS DOGGO
But right now?

It's rather terrible content for a blog, because I enjoy every damn day. I have such a good time. I'm not freaking out and struggling. There isn't really a compelling story line because honestly, everything actually is awesome. 
selfie game even on point
I'm really excited about the lessons we're taking right now because each glimpse at the potential ZB has makes me even more excited for our competitive future together. 
d'awww
But I'd be lying if I said that was the thing I enjoyed most about her.

It's the every day laughs in the barn that make this entire relationship worthwhile.

24 comments:

  1. Life with a good mare is the best life :). Have totally been in your shoes, and there is nothing that makes you more grateful for everything than a horse like this <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having fun and enjoying every moment no matter what it is is really what it's all about. I love that you've found that and are enjoying it for all it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you've found the perfect horse for you and your goals, and that you're happy 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could only be better with a Clandelusion, amiright.

      Delete
    2. I mean, it's possibly my new favorite breed 4 realz,

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure why you keep thinking you have terrible blog content. I love reading about how amazing things are with you and ZB! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well eventually it's going to be like STFU ABOUT HOW PERFECT YOUR ZB IS.

      Or not, because she's stinking cute too.

      Delete
  5. You and are on the EXACT SAME PAGE of the horse journey right now. Isn't it FUCKING AWESOME to enjoy riding every. single. day?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun reading everyday about how much fun you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. We just won't tell her quite how hard Uncle Hampers is working. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Honestly, reading about you riding around casually on Zoe is WAY better than worrying the next post would be how Courage broke XYZ bone or destroyed your desire to ride, or simply still made it so much hard work for you. She's adorable, glad you found her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha true I never considered the suspense factor with C. I never did quite fall off him, but there were certainly moments.

      Delete
    2. I completely agree. #ammygoals right here.

      Delete
  9. Reading your blog makes me happy, knowing that you are in such a good place with a horse that is so obviously perfect for you. Nothing about that is boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you think about it-
    Izzy scared and hurt you.
    Cuna built you up again and made you strong.
    Courage made you realize you weak spots (no shame, we all have them)
    and now...
    ZB has picked up all the pieces and put things back together again.

    You've certainly come full circle and you deserve to be happy with your horse. We all do. Glad you're enjoying yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think it's terrible content - I think you sound terribly contented. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...